I met a friend in college who disliked how hard it was to get his small theater shows reviewed by the local newspapers. In response, he created a website called the Utah Theater Bloggers Association. The UTBA has the goal of reviewing every theater show in Utah. I have been able to volunteer to review three shows this year: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) by Sandy Arts Guild; Next to Normal by Pioneer Theater Company; and It's a Wonderful Life: Winging in the Holidays by Desert Star Playhouse.
Complete Works (Abridged)
"The Sandy Arts Guild production of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare: Abridged was an entirely enjoyable homage to the Bard. The premise of the show created by the Reduced Shakespeare Company is to put on a “feat not yet performed in theater” by portraying all 37 of William Shakespeare in one evening..."
Next to Normal
"When I first heard that Next to Normal was going to be presented by the Pioneer Theater Company, I was so excited that my newest Broadway obsession would be presented in Utah. I was also very glad that PTC would put it on, knowing they had the means to utilize great actors and production quality for this Pulitzer Prize and Tony winning piece..."
It's a Wonderful Life...
(Currently under higher reviews before being posted)
http://utahtheaterbloggers.com/
Zach Archuleta
No comments:
Post a Comment